Sunday, August 28, 2011

China Glaze Happy Go Lucky nail polish

Happy Go Lucky is from the China Glaze Up and Away Collection from Spring of 2010. 



This pic comes from the archives.  I haven't worn it in a really long time but since I had the picture saved I figured I would post about it while it's still technically summer and everyone is still wearing bright manis and pedis.

This was a great color on my skintone.  It really pops and screams spring/summer.  It's very bright and not a subtle color but not too loud or tacky either.  I remember getting several compliments when I wore it.




The formula, on the other hand was not the greatest.  It was very thick and goopy. But considering the price point of China Glaze I guess I can't complain... much. Meh. I purchased it at a discount.  If you can get past the goopy (or maybe I received a bad bottle) then it's a great Spring/Summer color to have in your collection.  Plus, you can always use thinner if you get a really thick bottle too.  I have Seche Restore but have only used it on my Seche Vite so far.  I haven't been brave enough to test it on polishes.  I think I'm afraid that I may ruin them.  I need to get over that.

I'm not usually one to stick to "seasons" on nail colors, but I don't think I would reach for this one at all in the Fall/Winter.  It's much to bright.  But never say never.  Who knows.  If you already own this color pull it out now before summer is officially over. 

China Glaze nail polish can be found in Ulta stores for $6.50.  Can also be found at select online etailers at a discount.  Online is probably your best bet to find this color since it's from a past collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment