Wednesday, August 1, 2012

China Glaze Encouragement Nail Polish

Encouragement was released as a part of China Glaze's Fight Like a Woman for breast cancer awareness. This polish was a part of a trio, released with 2 other colors in the Fall of 2010. 




The color is a soft white with subtle silver flaky shimmer.  It's a pretty pink in the bottle but honestly didn't wow me when I tried it on.  Can't really say why, as it's not a bad color and did not clash with my skin tone.  But it just did not wow me personally. 


China Glaze Encouragement INDOOR lighting, NO FLASH

It is a very pretty and subtle pink that is very soft and leans towards white. The formula was pretty thick and I only used one coat.  I didn't have any problems with chipping but I only wore it for about 2 days so I can't really speak to it's long term wear

Close up, INDOOR lighting NO FLASH


WITH FLASH



Day 2 -Outside no flash


Overall I think this is a lovely soft pink for those that are into soft colors. What makes it unique from any other soft pink polish are the subtle flaky shimmers.  They were hard to capture but they are there.  It changes the texture to a sightly bumpy consistency. When I ran my fingers over my nails it was not a completely smooth surface.  Perhaps a really thick top coat would fix this if its a concern

 

What do you think of this Encouragement?  Do you own it or anything similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment